Allograft prosthetic composite reconstruction (APC)
- APC reconstruction involves combining prosthesis and massive bone allograft or tumor graft.
- The allograft provides a source of bone stock and a site for tendon insertions, while the prosthesis provides a reliable and stable articulation and some support for the allograft, which improves the functional capability.
- An appropriate allograft is selected and the articular surface is removed and substituted with modular prosthesis.
- The allograft is then fixed to host bone with plate and screws.
- Major advantages in children and young adults are the good to excellent function and bone stock available for future revision surgeries or complications.
For More Information CONTACT US